“Chess is everything: art, science and sport.” (Anatoly Karpov)
Student in grades 1-6 can participate in Chess Club the meets once a week and is taught by Todd Wolf. Our students are eager to learn new strategies, improve their logical thinking skills, and just have fun through this great activity!
“Music is a fair and glorious gift of God. I am strongly persuaded that after theology, there is no art which can be placed on the level with music.” Martin Luther
Martin Luther School offers a variety of opportunities in the arts including choir, art, drama, and private music lessons.
- Art is integrated throughout the school curriculum.
- Choral music is offered to all students beginning in grade one. Choirs sing at various school, church, and community functions throughout the school year.
- Luther Academy of Music provides students from the community the opportunity to take private piano, voice, guitar, and strings from accomplished instructors. Instruction can be arranged during the school day or after school.
- Beginners and Advanced Band for students in grades 4-6.
- Students in all grade levels have the opportunity to perform in various musicals and dramas throughout the school year.
Our students learn leadership skill, are empowered to share their gifts and talent, and strengthen their role as citizens through the activities provided in 4-H. Students in grade K-6 are invited to take part in this program. Some of our 4-H activities included making cookies for MLS students during National Lutheran Schools Week and repairing, recycling and renewing some of our benches for our playground.
While our younger participants, our “Clover Buds,” 2nd grade and under, are ineligible to participate in the annual Achievement Days each summer, they become acquainted with the activities that 4-H fosters.
Martin Luther Handbells
“Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!” Psalm 100:1
Students in grades 4-6 are able to participate in MLS handbells. We provide special music for chapel services, concerts, and other activities in the community.
We rehearse on Wednesdays for 3:30-4:00.